Monday, October 13, 2014

Ready

Okay, I've finished the crib skirt and it turned out super cute if I do say so myself.  I would have made it much more gathered and ruffle-y had I had more white fabric but alas, I'm on the very last remnants of aunt Elizabeth and uncle Nick's old duvet cover that they gave us along with their king sized bed ever so many years ago and I really wanted to just use things I had lying around the house--except for that pink pom pom fringe of course, I got that especially for the occasion :)

I used this tutorial for an adjustable crib skirt--which basically involves making three rectangular panels and attaching them to whatever is under your crib mattress (in our case a wire grid).  She suggested paper clip clamps but I sewed on some leftover bias tape as a ribbon substitute like this tutorial suggested to tie the skirt on instead.  I also made the process even more complicated by lining the panels with an old sheet since they seemed a little thin and see-through without it.....and let's face it, the point of the skirt is to hide all the things I want to stuff under the crib so it needs to be thick!


And now that all my sewing projects are complete I am officially ready for this baby to get here.

I'm starting to panic a little about her potentially taking her sweet time arriving--the boys all came within a day or two of their due dates so it didn't occur to me that she could be early or late when we were making our moving plans.  If she comes on or within two days of her due date I'll still have a good two weeks to recuperate before the movers arrive.  If not....yikes....



.....I might not have been in the best frame of mind when I insisted that we move to Virginia as soon as possible and just assumed that everything would simply work out.  I blame Chris.  Who asks crazy pregnant women for opinions on things that important anyway?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...