Monday, April 11, 2011

Cards Are for Sliding

I saw an idea for this activity online somewhere--you cut a slit in the top of a coffee can (or in our case a formula can) and then give your child a pack of cards and have them slide them through the slit. The mom with this idea said it kept her children busy for twenty minutes at a time....I was skeptical.....




I was wrong!  David sat down and played his "game" twice, he even named the numbers and letters on the cards as he slid them in, not to mention the great fine motor skills practice he was getting--it was great.  I've given it to kids from 5 to 1 since then and they all love it!  Granted, the game usually ends with cards dumped out on the floor and children swimming in them, but that's how most games at my house end anyway......I love the concentration on his face in these pictures....


And the crossed feet are just adorable.....

3 comments:

  1. Another idea I'll be stealing! I have a feeling that kind of task could keep Josephine busy for some time! I'm not sure where you find the time to have so much fun, and decorate, and sew felt food, and...you name it! Looks like you are always coming up with something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I flew with Maddie, when she was little, a flight attendant gave us an empty water bottle and coffee stirrers. Maddie was kept busy for a while putting the stirrers into the bottle over and over again.

    The cards are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love the look on David's face too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...