Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Finished Pillows

I've finished up the pillows!  Hand quilting was more tricky than I thought, well, not the quilting exactly but keeping all of the batting and backing lined up while quilting.  Of course I had the thing held together with straight pins instead of the super fancy quilting safety pins I saw, so that probably didn't help matters.  I decided to quilt down the seams which was probably a good call since my stitches were a tad uneven to say the least.  If you taught your seven year old to quilt you'd probably see a similar result.  David and Henry don't seem to mind though......the pillows are very cushy and excellent for jumping on/making pillow forts with so they fit all of their requirements......




I embroidered the boys' names onto the back of the pillows too which they were really excited about!  Maybe soon I'll get up my nerve to make a real quilt!

1 comment:

  1. I think the pillows look great! And I'd say completed in record time:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...