Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thunderstorming

We've been having a rash of thunderstorms here and while I think they are amazing, the boys are of a different opinion......take for example this conversation David and I shared after nap time......

Me:  "Isn't this rain beautiful!  I wonder if God knew we were hot and sent it down to cool us off?"

David, looking down and pointing an accusatory finger at his own stomach (you know, because I told him God lives in his heart and apparently we need to revisit that particular lesson):  "God, you put out this rain.  It is not beautiful. And I am not hot!"  


Of course the boys are of another opinion entirely once the rain clears and all that's left are excellent jumping puddles.....





And of course it wouldn't be a Reintjes adventure if Henry didn't fall in and get completely soaked......


or if *rocks* (i.e. broken off pieces of asphalt) weren't collected and subsequently thrown so as to see who could make the biggest splash.....


I managed to convince them that we only needed to bring back two of the *rocks* as opposed to the four David was attempting to carry in his shirt......They're currently drying off on our back porch, for some reason I didn't think we needed to bring all of our nature treasures up to the bath with us once we got home.......mommies can be so unfair....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...