Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Boys' Room

So aside from taking the children to the zoo and lopping off all of their hair, I've been a tad bit busy setting up the house.  I unpacked everything pretty quickly--well as quickly as you can with two and a half littles attempting to help and no husband actually helping--and by everything I mean absolutely nothing in the disaster that is our garage....

None of the rooms are finished since I need some man help to hang up the super heavy things and rearrange furniture and watch children while I hit the antique/thrift stores in the area but the boys' room is coming along nicely and since I've had some requests for pictures I thought I'd oblige :)

If you look closely you will see that the movers decided to put the beds together bunk bed style so Henry currently has both headboards while David got stuck with the two footboards....I'm waiting for Chris to come home and remedy that situation.  I decided to store our extra twin mattresses (what don't you have random twin mattresses laying around your house too?) under the boys' beds so now we need bed skirts to hide those as well.  I think I want to put some shelves or cubbies over their beds so they can each keep their special treasures safe--from each other......



I ended up putting most of the toys in their bedroom so we got this IKEA shelf to hold the baskets--this is pretty much everything except the trains which are in the living room which is the preferred track building location and the games and puzzles which are up high in the closet to inhibit rousing games of dumping-while-mommy's-not-looking.....

I want to build some of these shelves along the other wall to house our picture books and make a little reading nook spot with pillows, etc.--but again--man's work :)



For now our books are being housed in some makeshift cubbies in the closet--which we keep under strict guard day and night.......


I prefer the room with the closet doors closed :)


I'd hate for you to think that the boys keep their room neat and tidy at all times though, so here are a couple of shots I took later in the morning.  David informed me that they made a "trampoline" after a stint of manic costume changes.  But, since everything has a place it really only took five minutes to get this picked up before naps :)



PS about five minutes after these pictures were taken, I came back to David calling me, saying Henry was "hiding."  Apparently "hiding" meant he had been shut into the costume suitcase that David was sitting on top of.  Henry thought this was hilarious..........I did not......so we had a little talk about why we don't lock our brothers into boxes, even if they do ask you to, since they need air to, you know, breathe.....

1 comment:

  1. I love the room. It looks really nice. It seems like it's a little bigger than the last one?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...