Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Grumpiest Shepherd

David wanted to be in the nativity play at church this year and he insisted upon being a shepherd even though the sheep costumes were provided and the shepherd costumes were bring your own (and yes, that is a dishtowel tied to his head).  When he's at home he's really excited about being in the play, but when he's actually at play practice it's another story entirely.......


....unless of course it is that magical time during the play when all the shepherds and their sheep parade past the real live baby Jesus and David takes his opportunity to make a run for it, away from the older shepherd boy who has been put in charge of not letting David do anything crazy.......I just hold my breath and pray for David to have the self control to just walk past the real live baby and not accost it with kisses, tickles and at least one round of "this little piggy when to market".......


I have no idea what this was about.  You'll notice that not one other child has noticed anything unusual on the ceiling......maybe it was an ingenious diversion for another escape attempt?


Tomorrow at mass, David will have to sit by himself with the other sheep and shepherds for the entire beginning of the service before the play begins.....we'll see how that goes....I think all the moms of the four year olds have decided that we'll sit right in front of them just in case......

In other news, our tree has been trimmed (oh how I love our new real tree and firmly maintain that the sudden outbreak of allergy symptoms are completely unrelated to all of the pine in the house)...




...our Advent candles are melting down to stubs, and we are ready to start our Christmas celebrations!  I think I need to get some extra sleep tonight so that I can make it through my first children's Christmas mass....wish us luck (and a less grumpy shepherd!).

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Let me know how it goes. The tree looks great. David looks like a cute shepherd. Our Christmas vigil is at 4pm. We will probably have to get there at 3 to get a seat. I'm sending Mike and Noah to hold seats.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...