Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The First Rule of Bubble Painting....





They're are a ton of tutorials on bubble painting out there, we just mixed some paint with dish soap and water until it bubbled nicely and then put the paper on top to make a bubble print.

I was worried that Henry would accidentally inhale the paint so I made him practice blowing out of the straw before I let him try to blow into the paint.  Blow out, don't suck in! blow out, don't suck in! was my mantra.  I gave him the paint and he.........immediately sucked up a lovely mouthful of paint and soap.  Oh well, it was non-toxic.....

After the initial paint drinking (and let's face it, they both ended up drinking a little...) they really enjoyed themselves. David kept at it for a good hour and half.  Long after Henry gave up, David was searching the house for more paper so he could keep going and we ended up with some pretty nice pieces.

I think this activity is a keeper :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...