Monday, June 4, 2018

On Wrapping Up














Well, we have orders and a move out date and we are down to two and a half weeks before our packers arrive so naturally we are trying to cram in as much sight-seeing as we can before we leave.  Like all the things you would have thought we would have gone to see living this close to the capital but didn't because we obviously had so much time left and didn't need to rush :)

Memorial Day weekend we knocked out Luray Caverns, drove the Skyline Drive, and made a quick visit to our old favorite, Huntley Meadows, where we re-homed the most adorable baby turtle that you have ever seen.  Chris really wanted to keep him but I persuaded him that it was best not to take a turtle across state lines since we would probably want to set him free after the cuteness wore off and even I know that you don't set Virginia turtles free in Vermont.  Luckily, prudence beat out baby animal cuteness.  This time. 

There are so many more things I want to do before we leave but unfortunately there are even more things that I have to do, so I'm feeling very pinched for time.  We never took the kids to just walk the mall and see all the memorials so I feel like we definitely need to do that if nothing else.  I'd take them by myself but apparently I'm allergic to driving into D.C. on weekdays, which explains why we haven't seen nearly as many things there as I thought we would. 

I know that I haven't fully processed the fact that we are really about to move again.  I'm just going through the motions of someone preparing to have all their worldly goods packed up into a moving van and hopefully shipped undamaged to a whole new state, but it still doesn't feel real.  I don't think it's going to really sink in until we start saying final goodbyes to all of our friends. 

That or the boxes are actually loaded onto the truck and our house is empty. 

Which is coming up rather quickly. 

What would you go see in D.C. if you only had three weeks left? 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...