Sunday, October 21, 2018

On Turning Four and All Things Pink







Margaret turned four last week and I did not make the same October birthday mistake again and guilt bake her a cake, even if she is in a giant brother sandwich with not a baby sister in sight.  This mama does not want to crash again from overdoing things. 

She seems to have survived the store bought cake and thoroughly enjoyed her birthday festivities--slightly subdued as they might have been.  After all, they involved pink frosting flowers which I have no idea how to make myself and which are apparently the Best Thing Ever.  I suppose I'll have to improve my frosting skills for next year now that the cake decorating bar has been raised so high. 

She opened her first present and squealed, "It's all the things I like!  Doll stuff, and clothes, and books!"   Now if we can just convince her that she really does want to wear her new princess costume for Halloween and not be a "stick queen" as per her latest costume request.  As far as I can tell a "stick queen" is a queen who also runs around holding as many sticks as she can so maybe she can be both? 

It's so hard to be four and have so many excellent ideas to choose from :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...