Thursday, December 13, 2018

On a White Thanksgiving












We knew coming here that Vermont would be cold in the winter, but I wasn't prepared for how cold it would be in the fall.  Luckily I had the kids collect leaves before the snow came and took them all out so we were still able to wax a bunch.  I might not have been able to enjoy them outside but they've been beautifying our sun room for weeks.  We even used some to make a bit of a thankfullness tree for a centerpiece on our Thanksgiving table so I was feeling pretty accomplished that day.

We ended up having ten kids and five adults over, which was much better than just cooking dinner for ourselves.  There's nothing worse than slaving all week in the kitchen to prepare a feast that's over in ten minutes after the children nibble some plain turkey and a roll and declare themselves full.  Having experienced both, having the extra adults around to linger over the meal and chat is definitely the better way to go.

I know what you're thinking, "it's Advent, why are we discussing your Thanksgiving from last month?"  Well, I have kind of a lot of children and I'm behind on pretty much every nonessential thing on my to-do list.  At least my November pictures are very wintery?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...