Tuesday, April 23, 2019

On Easter Day








 


 













It felt like Holy Week and Easter were just a whirlwind this year, due in large part to the stomach bug that took out the family one by one in the week preceding it and then the post-Easter migraine I went down with after going on a very inadvisable sugar bender the day of.   We had a very scaled down event this year with just four extra adults and four extra children at our annual Easter party but it was still a lot of fun even if I didn't manage to put up any decorations or take pictures of the food. 

I guess you'll just have to take my word for how amazing the food table looked, even without decorations.  Also, I really overestimated how much food we were going to need.

When I asked David what he wanted to wear for Easter he said that he wanted to match Timmy and Christopher which was too sweet not to agree to.  When I asked Henry what he wanted to wear for Easter he said he did not want to match anyone which was too typically Henry to also not agree to.  David was less thrilled with the whole coordinating outfits situation when he realized he would also be matching his mom :) 

At the end of the day I asked everyone what their favorite thing was and it was a pretty even split between the egg smash and hunting for their baskets after mass.  This year I hid Henry's basket in the china hutch and no one could find it even after we told them it was in the kitchen.  It was pretty hilarious watching everyone checking the freezer and the oven and the spice cabinet all to no avail.  It took some very, very pointed hints before Henry finally figured it out. 

Being a parent sure can be fun. 

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter day and are keeping the celebration going into the whole Easter season with lots of fun and treats!  I mean, I won't be because I'm officially, really, I mean it this time, off of processed sugar so that I don't sabotage my migraine prevention plan again.  But you!  You should definitely go celebrate with treats!

Happy Easter!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...