Saturday, January 4, 2020

On the Twelve Days of Christmas

















Well we're winding down the twelve days of Christmas here and gearing up to jump back into regular life.  I'm gearing up anyway, the kids are pretending it's not happening and will likely throw four gigantic fits come Monday morning lessons. 

I really love the weeks after Christmas day.  We just take all the things most people cram in before Christmas and then do them at our leisure when everyone is off and has all the time in the world to relax and really enjoy them.  We do things like build and eat gingerbread houses, put together crazy large Christmas puzzles. drive around and look at lights, open presents I've saved for later (books, family games, sketchpads), go for hikes, have New Year's Eve fondue, celebrate my birthday--granted that last one wouldn't necessarily be on anyone else's Twelve Days To-Do list, but I mean feel free to add it to yours if you're so inclined :) 

This year we have a friend who's throwing a big Twelfth Night party so the festivities will end with a bang.  Don't tell her, but I'm also planning on abandoning all of my leftover Christmas cookies at her house so they won't be living in my freezer into the new year.  It's a win-win. 

If you haven't started celebrating the Twelve Days at your house I highly recommend pulling back from the pre-Christmas frenzy, having a nice calm Advent, and then really doing it up once the real fun begins on Christmas Eve.  Of course that means that the Christmas decorations don't come down until after Epiphany which is a real bummer since it would be a lot easier to do that during vacation time, but I suppose you can't have everything.  It's worth it, I promise!

Happy Christmas everyone! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...