Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Did I Tell You....

that Henry is in his big boy bed?  He had mastered the art of crib escape and David kept thinking it was hilarious to jump into the crib when I wasn't looking.  I was sure that either Henry was going to crack his head open jumping out or David was going to go crashing right through the bottom of it jumping in and let's face it, we're Catholic and I'm going to need that crib to be functional for at least the next ten years or so :)

Anyway, after a failed attempt at getting the boys to fall asleep with Henry on David's old bed and David on the trundle I started stalking Craigslist for a solution.....


I found these bunk-able twins for a steal and Chris talked them down even further.  David wants bunks now so he can be like his cousins, but not only did I think that was a horrible idea with his current love of climbing and jumping off of very high things; there was also no way we could fit them bunked with our ridiculously low ceilings!  Maybe in the new house....or maybe in a few years when he isn't so fearless....I know, who am I kidding, he's his father's (and grandfather's!) son and he will likely always love doing the most dangerous thing he can think up at any given moment....

You're impressed that we fit a whole extra bed in this tiny space aren't you?  The funny thing is that the room actually feels larger now than it did with the crib.  I hate to block windows, but what can you do when you live in a house with character......

1 comment:

  1. I do love the new blog design. It's cute. Love those photos! :-)

    Nathan is impressed that Henry sleeps in a big boy bed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...