Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthdays are for Baking

Being one of the only "old" married couples in law school I feel compelled to take care of as many of those young whippersnappers my darling husband pals around with as I can--you know, offering home cooked meals and such since there's no telling what they're eating when they're left to their own devices.  This is especially true when it comes to birthdays....after all, if they don't have mothers or wives around to bake for them and make them feel special on their big day then who will?  Hopefully none of these young men feel annoyed that my mothering instincts extend well beyond my own precious brood.

Well, today we had yet another birthday and while I didn't go kitty cupcake crazy, I did manage to whip up a batch of our favorite cookies--with the boys help of course......



We also squeezed in a round of our new favorite game--the Catch Me! Tin Game.  The boys love this.....okay, Chris and I love it too and have played a few rounds without them.  There's a dice with five colors (corresponding to each wooden mouse color)--the "cat" rolls the dice and if your color comes up the "cat" tries to "catch" your mouse with the tin that the game comes in as you try to pull your mouse off of the felt circle.  It's especially fun if you also make cat noises :)



And for your viewing enjoyment....here is what happens when your son doesn't listen to you when you tell him that hot sauce is in fact hot and he probably shouldn't lick it.


Don't worry....after I stopped to take his picture I did eventually give him some milk to ease his torture.....or should I say natural consequences........
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...