Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Incident

David has something he wants to show you.....


He's been telling everyone he sees about his "boo boo" and how brave he was when we bandaged it up.

It happened like this...the pieces of a cheap travel coffee mug that had fallen apart after one washing were sitting on the counter.  David picks up the metal part and walks towards me blowing through it as if it were a trumpet. I tell him to put it back (mistake one) because it was sharp (mistake two).  He looks at me and then at the cup and then slides his finger across the edge--you know, just to see if mom was telling the truth.  He then calmly sets the cup on the counter looks at the blood now pouring from his precious little finger and falls to the floor in hysterics.  I then scoop him up holding a wipe around the cut to stem the flow of blood and run around the house with my screaming preschooler in my arms looking frantically for the first aid kit which (of course) was not where it belonged.  I finally find the kit (in an upstairs drawer?) run them both back downstairs and try to take a look at the damage but it's bleeding too much to see anything.  I then proceed to call Chris who doesn't answer, followed by Kate who does answer and recommends a trip to the ER.  Chris calls back and rushes home from school to help where he finds me, sitting on the floor with David in my lap--both of us crying and both of us with blood dripping down our arms.

In my defense I was fairly calm and collected until he looked up at me with tears in his eyes and said, "Mommy, I don't feel good....please make me feel better" in the saddest little trembling voice you've ever heard.

We ended up not going to the ER and David's finger is healing up nicely.


On another note, our dog is a wildabeast so we took him to the groomers today which is one of the boys' favorite spots.  They can't decide which type of animal is their favorite--fish, cats, birds, hamsters, chinchillas.....



See the sad band-aid....we're down to just two to cover the cut up as opposed to the original giant gauze pad/tape/band-aid combo we had going before.....




They would have stayed here all day if they had it their way.  I promised we'd come back and look at all the animals again when it was time to pick Raleigh up so there's that to look forward to.  These grooming trips are the only time you get the inkling that David really does love our poor abused dog.  As soon as we got into the car the tears started because he didn't want to leave him behind and "he missed his dog."  If he would just stop terrorizing poor said dog maybe Raleigh would actually miss David someday too.......as it is he's probably glad to be somewhere where no one will chase him with a dump truck--even if he does have to brave the clippers to be there........
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...