Monday, September 3, 2012

Roughing It

Well, we've officially moved in--and by moved in I mean we are living in our house and hopefully we will have furniture by tomorrow--so we've been roughing it......


I rented some camping cots from the marina here--they tried to convince me that I didn't want them as they were 1950's cots and don't have whatever features a newfangled cot would have, but I figured anything was better than sleeping on the floor.  Of course later that night when I attempted to assemble them I found that only two cots actually had all of the pieces and the other was just a bag of metal rods without the canvas bed section which is kind of important....So I did what any good mom who desperately wants her children to go to bed would do and gave them the good cots while I slept laid on the floor and stared at the ceiling until dawn.  Then since Chris had arrived for the weekend, the first order of business was to purchase a new queen mattress for our guest room/nursery that we could sleep on until the rest of the furniture arrived.  I never knew how good a mattress on the floor could feel! 

We also subjected the children to a two and a half hour drive (each way) to the nearest IKEA so that we could pick up the bookshelves and storage pieces I wanted so that Chris could lift and assemble everything while he was still here.  They were just as excited about two hours spent in IKEA as their daddy was but everyone was a real trooper and now our house currently has one set of bookshelves in the bonus room, one cube shelf in the boys' room and one mattress set in the guest room--which is currently the only place to sit down that's not the floor.....and a tunnel system made from boxes in the living room.....moving is so fun :)  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...