Monday, October 29, 2012

It's Fall...

....well as much as it can be here in northern Florida.  The weather has plummeted to a frigid 64 degrees but I'll take it.  I even broke out my boots in celebration :)

Since the weather was right, and we only had three days left until Halloween, we thought it was about time to hit the pumpkin patch.



Chris' prize pumpkin find......


We carved up the pumpkins later in the evening.....and by we I mean Chris and I....not because we don't want to give the kids pumpkin carving tools, but because they both turned their noses up at the idea of touching the pumpkin goo.  Mostly they spent the evening shining a flashlight into the woods looking for the raccoons that have been pillaging our flowerbeds...apparently you can spot them because their eyes shine yellow at night.  They'll regret their decision when we devour all the roasted pumpkin seeds we pulled out from the goo without their help and don't share any with them.....just kidding, we'd never do that......or maybe we would........


Our finished masterpieces....David wanted them to be scary, but not too scary.......


It only took me fifteen tries to take this picture with no flash and no tripod and have it not come out a blurry mess.....the solution involved me balancing the camera on the train table while yelling at the children to stop bumping me or there would be grave consequences....you can go ahead and be impressed (by the excellent parenting and the photography)  :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...