Monday, January 20, 2014

Long Weekend

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend!  Besides working on getting things done around the house we spent ours mostly adventuring.   We found a great new park with its own natural spring so I took it as a sign that it was time to finally make nut boats with all the shells I saved from our nut garland :)

I think the boys' favorite part was holding the candles and dripping the wax into the boats--well David's favorite part anyway.  Henry did one nut and then got "tired" which is Henry speak for "I don't want to do this anymore and if you try to make me I'll collapse in a heap on the floor and pretend to be dead."


They were really easy to make and turned out super cute.......





Out of twenty-two boats only one made it through the tumbling rapids and kelp forests to the freedom of the open water.    Side-note, nut boats flung off of a bridge will most likely immediately capsize--who knew?


We didn't see the snake warning until after we were finished......


Poor John was relegated to the stroller while we all played in the stream.  We did eventually free him though so he could stretch his legs....you know, once we were safely away from the water hazards and the snakes.  He was pretty excited.


Don't be fooled by that gummy grin---this little man is about to turn one.......in other news, we're thinking of renaming him Toothless.

3 comments:

  1. Another creative adventure, what a great idea! Looks like the boys had a great time. Oh, and I'm sure little John wont be toothless for long!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boats are waaaay too cool! I'm storing that in my "things to do when the big kids outnumber the babies" brain compartment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Twin babies plus open flames and access to a river is probably not a good idea right now :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...