Monday, November 5, 2012

Corn is for Stepping Over....

This weekend a semi-close farm was having a military appreciation weekend and gave all military and their families free admission to their various fall themed activities--a corn maze, a hay ride, slides, hay jumping, giant tubs of corn for sitting in, homemade ice cream--in short, everything you would need to get into the fall spirit.

I'm not sure if it's just the weather here in Florida or the fact that it's the end of the season but I don't think I've ever seen a sadder little corn maze in my entire life......


While it wasn't the most challenging corn maze I've ever attempted I wasn't complaining--for one, it was free and for another it made our hasty exit that much easier when David announced that he needed to potty right in the middle.  We just walked straight out, hopping over the not-so-giant rows as we went.

The boys were most assuredly not put off by the sad maze and there were more than a few tears when we declared that their time of fun and frolicking at the farm was up.....




I think the highlight of the trip was the cow train.....(it was worth the drive just to watch Chris squeeze in to the tiny barrel).....


.....and the pigs......who doesn't love to chuck food pellets at giant pigs?


 I hope everyone is enjoying their fall festivities as much as we are!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...