Tuesday, December 24, 2013

On Christmas Eve

Right now Chris is at midnight mass or I guess more accurately eight o'clock mass and I am home with the two children who would not have made it through.  Santa can't come yet since little Henry may arrive home awake, as unlikely as that is so I thought I'd share pictures of our Christmas Eve so far :)

Christmas cookies were made with this amazing sugar cookie recipe and this icing.  They turned out really well considering the helpfulness level of the boys and the fact that Henry felt the need to nibble off various parts of every cookie he decorated......


We had some friends over for dinner and then the plan was for us all to head over to mass together in our coordinating outfits and come back to our house afterwards to celebrate.  About halfway through dinner I realized that our plan was going to fail miserably....or rather, I was going to be miserable wrangling my minions through what promised to be a very long mass......so I made the executive decision to stay home with the boys while Chris went on ahead.  Henry insisted that he really wanted to go to mass with daddy though so...I guess we'll see how that went when he gets home :)

I did get some  lovely photos before things really got crazy here.......





Chris calls this look "business on the top, party on the bottom."  I'm pretty sure he got two weeks of convalescence leave simply because it will take two weeks to be able to wear his uniform pants again.  His incision corresponds almost exactly to the placement his waistband....Don't worry, he did put on pants to go to mass--they're unbuttoned and held up loosely with a belt and a prayer.


Well, as you can see, there's at least one person around these parts who is beside himself with excitement that Christmas is finally here, even if he couldn't join the menfolk at church :)


Merry Christmas to you all, and to all a good night!

5 comments:

  1. Chris is a good guy, but I'd hardly call him "Christ". That's a funny typo! :-) Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look wonderful,you are turning into Marther Stewert,I am glad you cleared things up about Chris's pants.!!!!!!!!
    Very nice pics of Chris and the boys . Merry Christmas Love Grandma. P.s you can really stomp!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks grandma! I'll have to post a video so everyone can see my amazing skills :)

      Delete
  3. Very cute photos - I hope all went well at mass and you had a great Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything did go surprisingly well, even though mass lasted a good two hours and ended with singing all the verses of Silent Night in five different languages--I was really glad I didn't take all the boys--it would have been a disaster!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...